This is another reposting of my LMS blog post this week. So details might be a bit sketchy. Btw, can you post our nature walk pics here please? Thanks so much!
SAY GOODBYE TO THE MARCH HOLS!!
Ok so the March holidays are coming to an end. I seriously felt that the one and a half week just went whizzing by. I did my fair share of homework as well as relaxation(in fact I really relaxed more than I would during term time) so I guess I shouldn't complain. Here's a recap of my week's highlights starting from Sat till today.
Sat-> My cousin's wedding! At the Marriot Hotel. I seriously love weddings. They are always so much fun.I didn't attend the tea ceremony or hang around the bride and bridegroom(bridegroom's my cousin) which was a pity because I heard most of the action was during the day. I went for the dinner banquet though! I forgot to mention earlier, this is my third wedding I've ever attended, the other two were also my cousin's weddings.(I will have more to look forward to in the near future since most of my cousins are of marriageable age and I'm the youngest of all my cousins!)
One of the reasons why I find weddings to be extremely fun is because the seating arrangements are always made to let my parents, aunts and uncles sit together while the cousins all sit at another table. In other words, each table only has one generation. So, weddings are one of the best times to catch up with my cousins and do crazy stuff! By crazy, I mean yelling out 'yam seng!' at the top of our voices and dragging it super long just to irritate the older generations and we also try wine and beer. Yes we know we are underage but we're fully aware that our parents are at another table and we can try alcohol for free! I'm not encouraging people to become alcoholics but seriously, if you ever wanted to know how red/white wine or beer tasted like, a wedding is the best place to do it. Plus you're only going to take only one or two sips because the taste will totally put you off! I had quite a good time at the wedding and I only reached home at about 12 plus in the morning so I was dead tired on Sunday.
I nearly forgot but I really have to mention this. I was at first a little disappointed that I had to go for the wedding dinner because on Saturday night, there was the super big clash between Man U and Liverpool at Old Trafford and I really wanted to watch it. My uncle told me the score midway through the wedding and that just totally made me enjoy Sat night even more! Yes Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-1 and even if Man U ends up retaining the EPL title(I really hope they don't), at least it can be seen that Liverpool is taking great strides and who knows, they might win the EPL in the very near future!
Recently,I've also watched Slumdog Millionaire. It is a really good movie so I advise everyone who is 16 and above to go watch. Actually, I dont see why it is rated NC16 because I don't find it extremely gory or violent at all. In fact the plot was quite good and I liked the happy ending. Go watch it, by whatever means if you're not 16 yet!
Tuesday we had our Chem SPA which in my opinion was relatively easy but I think I labelled my table wrongly...Oh well, I shall just put this in God's hands because I can't do anything else about it already.
On Wednesday, I went on a 'Connecting with Nature' trail with a few of my friends. We walked from Henderson Waves along the Forest Walk and another walk(can't remember) to Hort Park. It was a free tour and we had a really good and interesting tour guide- Mr Tan Teck Chye! It was a 2 hour walk and so it was extremely tiring and hot. Went for lunch somewhere after that where we felt like we were ripped off. I shall mention not the place in case we get sued or anything. Ask me personally if you want to know!
Many things have also happened in this week but I shall have to stop here because I have to go and do something else now. Besides, this post is already very long. Alright, say goodbye to the March holidays and bring on the 10 weeks of school! I'm trying to be really positive about this even though I know it's going to be a mad rush and really stressful and all, but thankfully my trust is in the Lord and not on myself so I can look forward to what is coming with strength and good hope in the Lord.
In Jesus I trust to give me the strength and grace necessary to carry me through everything and emerge victorious in His name,
Amen
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (Romans8:37)
Mandy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment