Friday, March 27, 2009

Today I've got really good news! I just received my results for my Grade 8 piano practical exam which I took on 11 March 09 and I passed! This is a really big achievement for me because of all I've been through the past 2 and a half years.

It's been such a roller coaster ride with so many ups and downs I didnt know if I could ever make it through. I know there are many people who are really talented in music and they get distinctions for their Grade 8 piano practical but a pass is a pass and this means so much to me. I know it's not because of my hard work, I can't tell you how many times I have put off practising my piano. It's not because I finally got the luck I needed or anything. It's not because I've got talent. It's because of Jesus. I'm so sure of this. Those who are not Christians, you may find this a bit too spiritual or something but definitely, it is somewhat of a miracle.
I've faced many obstacles to get to this result and the day I actually hold the certificate in my hand (when ABRSM send it to me) will be quite emotional. Actually it still hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Thank you so much Jesus. I've been in so much emotional turmoil when my piano teacher told me to register for the September exam just in case I didn't pass in March. I felt like my teacher didn't believe in my ability. I felt that I would just fall apart if I failed again. I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to take the exam again in September when it was so near my O's and I wouldn't have time to practise. However, if I didnt sign up by the end of February for the September exam, I would have to take the exam next year, and with a new syllabus which would be worse.

I asked the Lord to help me make the right decision. In my heart, I didn't want to sign up for September so I went along with that feeling, trusting that the Lord would deliver me. How great is Jesus! He has given me the victory and I can't thank Him enough for it. I think the Lord is trying to show me that as long as I continue to trust in His ability to deliver me and make me victorious and not rely on my own ability (which is quite honestly, horribly lacking), He would definitely bless me. Thank you so much Jesus!!

Oh and another 'big' event that happened this week was my Chinese Prelims Oral yesterday. I felt that the passage and the conversation topic was much easier than last year's and so I trust that Lord will help me to get good results this time round. However, it is more important to do well for the O level oral than this Prelims and hence I shall start working hard and trusting in the Lord for success!

Thank you for everything, Jesus.

<3,
Mandy

P.S. Reposted from my LMS blog post. Again. Haha. :)

No comments: