4I after Chem remedial yesterday outside library. We're so colourful right? Haha
4I 2009!!This is our hip hop dance instructor Miss Sheila in the middle. Our attire: House t plus PE shorts for our last hip hop lesson!

Hello! Come on, Kat and Tashi, our blog is rotting! Just do a short post before Prelims to liven this up okay?
I want to talk about yesterday's EXPRESS YOURSELF DAY. Haha, unfortunately I only have a few pictures to show you here, just go see my facebook or rizwana's account for more pics...if there are more uploaded?
EYD was really fun. Haha my whole class came to school in house t and PE shorts because we had PE lesson first period, our last hip hop dance lesson. I think many people gave us strange looks because they thought that was our class outft for the day. Of course not! We changed during A Maths second period. What was my class theme? RAINBOW! Haha pretty random but better than our original stereotypes idea. My class has 28 people so every 4 people wore the 7 colours of the rainbow! Except for indigo, which we changed to hot pink. Haha. If you saw me(which I think half the school plus the teachers did when I was on stage), then you would know the colour I wore. Anyway, everyone in my class dressed up which was really cool. Not sure if you all noticed, but we all sat according to our colours in the hall.
I know everyone's gonna comment about our performance in the hall. Okay I'll be the first to admit I forgot my steps halfway(many of my classmates as well) and I just followed Damia on cue. Haha. But just to let you all know, we actually only learnt our steps on the day itself which was...yup on EYD yesterday. We sacrificed recess, double Chem and MT to practise for about 3 hrs or less in the AS1, gym and anywhere free we could find, so that we can perform for you all. It was hot, tiring but so much fun really.
Haha, full credit to Damia and Che Wan of course who choreographed our dance moves and cut the music for us. Oh FYI, the "AH, AH ,AH' song we performed is taken from Sunset Glow by Korean pop group Big Bang. It was amazing that despite all our differences and difficulties faced, we managed to pull together as a class yesterday and work really hard. I think what Damia said yesterday just before we went on stage outside the hall was really true.
She said, "4I, let's not care if nobody cheers for us. We'll cheer for ourselves. Even if we make mistakes, we're still gonna smile and be proud of ourselves because we can show the school and ourselves that 4I is the class that can work miracles and perform a 1 min dance routine in front of the school with less than 3 hrs of practice!"
The first thing my class did when we ran off the stage was to run out of the hall and scream out of embarrassment. Then, we heard the cheers from the hall. It suddenly dawned on us, " wow they're cheering for us!' Haha the dance ended so soon, such a pity really. We didn't get the chance to video our dance routine or ask people to take pics of us onstage because the organising committee only allowed us 1 min of fame after we persuaded them to lets us perform on thurs afternoon. Anyway the song and dance routine is now stuck in my head. Haha what a great way to end our last Cedar EYD eh!
How were both your EYDs then? Looking forward to seeing pics and accounts of your EYD yesterday okay? :D
<3>
Mandy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment