Hey in order to revive this blog and yet not kill off my my burning brain cells, I've decided to repost my LMS Blog (hw for MR Sng for this week here!) Yay problem solved! It's not plagarism(is that how you spell the word) because I am the author and I hereby give myself permission to reproduce my work here. So here goes...
& I'm Burning Up
No I am not a Jonas Brothers’ fan. The reason why I’m burning up is because of my fever! I realized the symptoms(sore throat,fever) are so similar to what Serena posted on her blog. She must be carrying a super virus because many people 4I are sick with the same illnesses!
Yes I was sick today. Thank you so much to all the people who showed concern for me like Genevieve, Miao Xiang, Prabhmeet, Ying Ying, etc. I really felt so sick and feverish throughout the whole day. I’m so sorry Mr Sng, if you felt that I was very unresponsive in your class today, it’s because I was feeling really horrible then.
Oh gosh, this is a really bad time to get sick, just before the Chinese New Year! Maybe it’s better this way because I do not have to worry about putting on weight during this period while eating all the CNY goodies! This is quite sad because quite frankly, what is CNY without good food and red packets! I am not being materialistic here, because , after all, my parents will take most of my money from the red packets. Surprisingly, I felt much better today, in guess which period, Biology! It must because Mrs Gay was telling us her pregnancy and labour story in such a hilarious way. The saying: ‘Laughter is the best medicine’ must be true.
Anyway, I think it must have been quite a miracle that I made it through the school day without fainting. I’m serious! The way everyone commented on how sick I looked today, it was as if I was halfway on the path of death. Well, thank God I am not, because I feel a little bit better now. School really drains the energy out of you.
After the CNY concert, I rushed back home to put my bag down and prepared to go to the doctor. ( I want to get well before first day of CNY.) As the doctor was closing in about 20 minutes, I had to hurry there. Then, guess what? I couldn’t find my clinic card!( I think that’s the term) I searched frantically around the house, turning my room upside down but I still couldn’t find it. ( That just shows you when my last trip to the clinic was). Finally, I found it and ran(yes I ran because I was really cutting it close already) 5 minutes to the clinic. I know you all will think I am crazy for running to the doctor in the sun when I am so sick but I really had no choice. Luckily I reached the clinic in time. By then, I was already perspiring profusely. This must have lowered my temperature because when I went in to see the doctor, he took my temperature and this is what happened afterwards.
Doctor: Hey are you sure you’ve got fever? Your temperature’s normal.
Me: I ‘m very sure I had fever today, everyone who felt me said I was ‘radiating heat’!
Doctor: Hmm…ok but you have no fever now. I’ll just give you Panadol ok? Do you need antibiotics?
Me: Yes I want Panadol. No I don’t want the antibiotics! My body can cope I think. (Must be because of what Mrs Gay told us today about her epidural free labour)
Doctor: You know, you shouldn’t stress out so much. Come home from school go take naps daily!
Me: I came home late everyday this week. If I take naps, how am I going to finish my homework?
Doctor: Hmmm…students nowadays ah….ok at least you got a nice long break this weekend. Better rest well!
Haha he’s quite a friendly doctor. Anyway after this, I went back home, ate and then slept for a while.
Oh and here’s the updates about the netball matches that took place this week.
C Division(Lower Sec)
Tues Cedar beat Bendemeer Sec 66-0. (shocking, I know)
Thurs Cedar beat Crescent 26-5 I think.
B Division (Upper Sec)
Wed Cedar beat Fairfield 26-15. (I can’t remember the score exactly but we won by 11 goals)
The B div match was a real cliff hanger! Throughout the 1st 3 quarters, we were either only ahead by one goal or drawing with them. Luckily, in the last quarter, the team put in their best effort and managed to blow Fairfield off the court. Phew!
Ok before I go, I would like to wish all Chinese a Happy CNY, all non-Chinese, a good break, and all 4I people who are sick( like me), a fast and speedy recovery before 1st day of CNY!
Mandy
P.S. 4I please try to hand up your Chemistry worksheets(no star) on Speed of Reaction and Energy Changes next week as soon as possible. Ms Chng said that if you don’t hand up, you will have to stand in class. If anyone lost their answer sheets, come find me, I will lend mine to you. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment