Saturday, August 8, 2009

I cried when he made tt speech.. Somehow, tears made their silent appearance, not thinking twice about rushing swiftly down in one motion; like two tributaries collecting and meeting right at the end.

I cried, because what he said was true.

Every time I went to the hospital, I see you lying there. When you were awake, you never failed to make th effort to sit up to greet us with that smile like we've been the ones you were waiting for the whole century; or even garner the immense strength to stand and pat us each on the shoulder, with the grin and nod to motion that you were fine&never better. When you were sleeping, you still displayed the strength you had in you, despite the war your body was going through, tt went on continuously. Yet still radiating determination. You never gave the silhouette of a man in pain or suffering.

In the last days I saw you, you still fought to show your might. Giving your all to stand, to walk, to breathe on your own. You fought, to flash that smile of yours..
I won't forget the last look you gave me when I stepped out your house. The pain your skin and bones were anchored with; the fainting of the strength in your eyes..

Oh, how kind the Lord is! The last day I saw you, you woke up, just in time for me to say my last goodbye. Praise be to Him! For you did make all of us jump for joy with your decision of salvation. And you proved the might of the Lord, His strength shone so bright in you! You taught me to trust in Jesus for all my life, for in your last year here on earth, you displayed more character than I ever saw in anyone else. Like what pekpek said, you could always smile in the face of death. You said u were all ready for heaven, and I'm sure heaven was very much all the more ready for you, kongkong.

The day I heard about you, all the thoughts of my childhood came.. You sitting by my side while I played fishing..You always got bullied by me, the only one who gave in to me when I wanted to be carried..always occupying that corner of the house where you'd sit silently and soak in all the business of the house.

I rejoice in the name of the Lord! For I know, someday, very soon, we're all gna see you again in heaven. thank you, for teaching me what to do in all my adversity. In my heart, you'll always be that commander you once upon a time was.

Kongkong, I salute to you.



Thank You, Lord Jesus, for dying for us, for giving your blood to free us from the chains of eternal death, with the promise of undying love and life that my kongkong is basking in now.
He made me think of how I would like to make my entrance into the world of never ending praise to the King. I've been thinking these weeks. I don't want to die in my sleep. I want to leave this mortal world, in the most glorifying way for Him! To die fighting; to die winning the war in His way. To die with something for others to remember me by. How wondrous that would be! To go home, wearing His armour. Stained with the work of love, bearing the marks to gain the words "Well done, my daughter."

No comments: